Monday, July 7, 2008

Cabin Time






This past wends we left for my families cabin in west yellowstone. After a 4 1/2 hr drive we reached my favorite place in the world. All of my imediate family was there along with my second cousins family the Rubishes (i'm sure i didnt spell that right). Anyway this is the last vacation we will have as a complete family because my brother is leaving for his mission in Cape Town S. Africa on September 23rd. The first night Jared and Zach went fly fishing on Denny's Creek but it got too dark so they didn't stay out very long. We ate some hobo dinners cooked nicely by the fire and I watched 2000 B.C. with the boys, ( Jared was tired, he'd been up since 5 and drove the whole way). The next day we went into town and jared bought a fishing hat, we ate some lunch at the Dairy Queen and wandered around taking excellent pictures. On the 4th of july me and my mom went for a 4 mile run to the lake and back, then after showers we all went to Hebgan Lake with about half of montana and played in the water. We got some sunshine but Jared got the most and was sunburned for the rest of the trip. Jared took the kids to a black cat booth and they purchased firecrackers and bottle rockets all of which are illigal here in Utah. They also got some stink bombs and blew up pot gut holes and tried to smoke them out, (all of which didn't work). I shot clay pigions for the first time and I hit one my very first shot! The next day Jared, Makayla and I got old fashioned pictures taken. when I get ahold of a scanner i'll put the picture in. It turned out really cute, Jared was an outlaw and i was a naughty cowgirl and makayla was a cowgirl. We had a lot of fun and plan on going up again next year and if we do were going to go into the park and get some Yellowstone pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys...saw ya'll while browsing and thought I'd say "what a cute little girl!"

hope all is well with your family...have a great day!

Bonnie said...

sound like you guys had a blast. you sure know how to live it up!! anyway, mak looks way cute all the time. blog you later!!!