Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm a bad patient

I am 26.5 weeks pregnant, I don't talk about it much because I'm so concerned about getting settled and "nested" I guess. The last Dr's appointment I went to was when I was 17 weeks. That was almost 10 weeks ago, not recommended. Jared was in the process of getting health insurance through his old job in May, and my bills have been about $200 a visit with our private health insurance. Then Jared got a new job and with it came health insurance the day he started, so now I have an appointment on the 10th of May to check on my baby boy again. I'm concerned that my Dr wont be to pleased with me for the big space, but I couldn't justify $200 for a 30 second ultrasound and a urine test, especially with Jared's job change. I get asked all of the time how the baby is doing and all I can say is that he seems to be growing and he moves any time I take a second to stop moving. I should have had my big 3D ultrasound within this time and probably my glucose test, so it kinda stresses me out but I guess we'll just fit it in later.

1 comment:

Liv said...

Whatever! People used to have healthy babies all the time before ultrasounds. You're just doing what's best for you family by saving big bucks until insurance got settled. It's very responsible. In a way ;)