Monday, May 7, 2012

a slight hiccup?

Today didn't quite go as planned, I was supposed to visit the new place in Brigham after the inspection, but for some reason the power supply from the outside of the house doesn't connect to the inside of the house even though both units are fairly new, so there wasn't any power to help the inspector check those things that would be important to check. At least that is how I understood it. Also after calling the place I hoped we could rent for a months time I found out that instead of around $625 for a months rent it would be $800 for a months rent, which really doesn't sound appealing, especially after I just paid the mortgage on our house for this month and we really only need three weeks in another place tops. (I hope). I think what the new plan is for us to stay at an extended stay hotel for 2 weeks and then a week at my parents house. If things go as planned then we should be signing papers on our new home on the 30th and then I will have a week of fixing it up while we live at my parents. With this new plan it means that everything goes to storage, except clothes/ towels/ dishes/ food and cooking pans. I will have a tiny stove top and microwave to cook everything.. it will not be my kind of fun. I need to come up with a list of meal ideas that don't involve the oven for two weeks. I can live out of a suitcase for two weeks right?... with 2 children... in a small space... we'll make it work.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I would only use that place for sleeping. You can always come to my house and hang out and let the kids run around. Living in that small of space for two weeks isn't my idea of fun! Good luck and let me know if you want to come bombard my house during the day! I'm sure our kids would love it!

z&jarnold said...

We will have to come by and stretch our legs during those two weeks Natalie! Its gonna be some tight living!