Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bear Lake








This weekend we were up at Jared's parents cabin by Bear Lake. Initally we hadn't planned on going, but I saw a cabin for sale in Garden City that I thought would be really cool to live in and very affordable for us to buy, so we thought it would work out great to go up at the same time his family was up there. So online the cabin was for sale for $139,000, it has 5 bed rooms 4 bathrooms, 2 family rooms, a covered porch, built this year on 1.15 acres in Garden City. From the pictures you could tell that it wasn't completed but it wasn't anything that me and Jared's "do it yourself cuz your poor and you have to", couldn't handle. On our way in I had looked at the satellite picture for the cabin and pinpointed the road it was on and we decided to drop by before we got to his parent cabin. It wasn't as big as the pictures made it out to seem but it was nice and we looked in the windows and it really wasn't too shabby so I went to grab a flyer so we could contact the Realtor and have a showing, and on the flyer it said it was now $129,000, so I was thinking cool its 10 thousand cheaper! then after looking at the flyer for two more seconds it also said for a 1/4 share ownership. So the house was totally ours until we found out that we'd have to share. All my dreams of Jared loosing the 4 hr a day commute and working at home died. And now I have to find new dreams... We still managed to have fun up at bear lake, I did an open water swim for 30 minutes and didn't drown, got lectured but didn't drown. (Jared was upset he couldn't see me the whole swim) (he thought I'd swim back and forth between two buoys for 30 min). We ate lots of junk and hung out with his brother Matt, his wife Kristen and their kids, along with Jareds folks. Makayla loved the sand and water and would crawl out into the water for a ways and then want me to pick her up. She also tried eating rocks, sand and sea shells (she only succeeded with the sand cuz I couldn't get it all out of her mouth). Anyway here are some pics at the beach.. (the one with the yucky long goatee is Jareds brother Matt).

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

wow...get some sun pasty!!! j/k. that's too bad about the house, guess your's will have to do for now huh! makayla looks like she was having fun, she is such a cute child. you need to have lots more of her!! :)