Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sir Rocky Road

I started on this post last week but my computer has been so slow and i wasn't able to do much. So I'm catching up today. Last Monday was the last time anyone saw my family dog Rocky, he is 11 years old and was possibly going blind. They say that labs tend to leave their family to die, which is so sad because we would all love to know that he didn't suffer and we all wish that we could bury him. We got Rocky when we first moved to Pleasant View, I was in the 7th grade at the time and he was our first male dog in a long time since they tend to be more wild then females. We had another chocolate lab that we brought with us from Roosevelt and her name was Sammy. They were best buddies and kept each other happy and in their younger years they kept each other in trouble. They had 2 batches of puppies together. Sammy in her later years and while I was pregnant with my first child had kidney problems and became blind, Rocky helped her up until we decided that it was way sad to watch her be in pain and had her put to sleep which was devastating. Rocky was so sad without his Sammy for a long time but he was still a good family dog. He greeted us every time we came to visit, although he was getting slower in his older years. Last Wednesday I took pearl with me to my parents house to see if we could track down Rocky and unfortunately we weren't able to find him. This post is for all of us who have loved and lived a long time with our family dogs, there is certainly nothing like an old faithful friend and he will be missed by all who got to know him.


giving makayla a kiss


such a mild tempered dog

our family

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh that is so sad. I was reading Greg the post and he said that his dog did that too. If you need anything just let me know.

Liv said...

It's hard to lose a family pet. They really are like sibligs.