Friday, September 25, 2009

Pumpkin Blocks






The blocks, i actually didn't even have to cut them they were just some scraps on my back porch.


Makayla wanted her picture taken also :)


The finished product, really super easy!

I also made some washable nursing pads today. I used one flannel receiving blanket and a little less then half of a fleece blanket, both of which were hand-me-downs and had seen better days but i think work great re purposed as nursing pads. I used a disposable nursing pad as a guide and also made some bigger ones too. What i did was cut 3 circles of the flannel and one circle of the fleece and then cut a line to the center of the top and bottom pieces, overlapped them to give it more of a contour and stitched them all together with a zig-zag stitch around the edge. the flannel goes on the inside and the fleece faces the outside toward the bra. Supposedly the fleece is going to keep moisture away from the bra so we'll See how well they work come November.

my seven sets of nursing pads i was able to get out of one receiving blanket. If they turn out to be a good thing I'll cut apart another receiving blanket and make more so I'll have a weeks worth but this i guess should at least be 3 days worth... time will tell, I'm kinda a cow and produce a ton of milk so it may be less than that.

5 comments:

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Those blocks are darling! I used gerber's washable nursing pads for my baby and I liked not having to buy boxes of them all the time. I will recommend that in the beginning you double them up. I am a bit of a milk cow as well and for the first month or so I soaked through them quite often. After that they were great! Congrats on your creative projects!

Carrie said...

I am jealous you produce so much milk because I produced so little! You should pump and save some and you can sell it to people who need it really bad...I thought that was way gross at first but it's a good easy way to make a little extra $$

Liv said...

You are one crafty lady.

Bonnie said...

There's that crafty side coming out again. Those are way cute pumpkins, simple and cute! Good luck with your milk!! :)

Melissa said...

I have had my block pumpkins painted for two year now and have never finished them. You have inspired me to finish mine. Just need some leaves and ribbon.