Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spirituality Gibberish, basicly whats on my mind at the moment

So i have a ticket to the General Relief Society Conference address this coming Saturday and I'm kinda excited, I'm hoping that i can find someone to carpool on down with me. I feel like i pull so much more from Conference now then i ever did growing up. I'm far more inspired to do better and to work on things that i haven't thought too much about. I don't know if its just because i have a child and i know that I have a huge influence on whether my children grow up to be happy productive loved individuals. I don't even remember learning so much from conference when i was only married with just me and Jared, so maybe it is the kids that are a big factor. I also think that not having control over the financial down fall and feeling pretty powerless in changing how things are has helped me have the desire to learn more spiritually and try to become a better person because it is something i do have control over. Sometimes when I'm teaching the young women in our ward i think, man i don't know that they can understand the importance or the weight of the topic being taught, I'm barely learning it myself. I guess its a good thing that you gain more sense and wisdom throughout the years, although i haven't been in school for several years now I think that I'm smarter then i was when i was in school maybe its because i am married and I have more then just boys and how to look better on my mind. In high school i think i just did the bare minimum to get a passing grade and never really cared to learn what was being taught, only on occasion was there a class that actually meant something to me and i found the value of what was being taught. (I think the teacher had a lot to do with that). Going back to listening to conference, its pretty unfortunate that it has taken me so long to gain a desire to learn how to be better when there are daily opportunities to help others be happy, productive, loved individuals and it shouldn't take raising kids to make you want to change. I guess better late then never.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

WOW...You are deep. I agree with you about learning more as you mature. You want to learn as you get older, it seems more interesting. You are such an example, I love reading your posts!!
Sorry about ditching the pie party..I wasn't feeling good that night. I think it's about time for another surgery. Talk to you later!