Friday, April 3, 2009

Preping for the Ragnar

So the past few days i've been getting a training plan ready for me to do the Ragnar Wasatch Back relay. For those of you who've never heard of Ragnar its a Relay with 13 team members that run for 2 days straight very long distances. This race is from Logan to Park City and each member has 3 different runs in the race. I'm either runner number 9 or 10 both courses are gonna be tuff and are very similar except runner 9 has less miles so i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be stuck with the number 10 course. My first run will be 3.5 miles on a flat easy surface, the next run will be 6.4 miles on a "moderate" incline (still not too scary for me). The last although is 4 miles uphill on a gravel road and after doing 2 runs and getting very little sleep its gonna be a *itch. I wish i could figure out around what time of day i will be running the last leg, i really hope its either way early morning or at night cuz i cant imagine being in the heat running it.



Then new trick i have to learn is listening to my body and i've never really done that, i'm pretty good at tuning it out but during my training I've gotta start incorporating that.



I'll post the pictures of my relay segments and although this is probably not very interesting to anyone else its the only thing i have to talk about :)
Leg 10

No comments: