Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Calling

Today Jared and I had a meeting with the bishop after church and we were thinking it was either they would ask us to give a talk in sacrament meeting or that Jared's calling would be changed. Well it turned out that I got a calling change, I've been in an Activity Days leader for about a year and a half, so now my new calling is a Beehive Advisor. I'm excited for a new call, but its gonna be a lot more work than Activity Days has been. I really loved young women's when i was in it and i really liked all of my leaders also so I have a pretty positive feel for the calling. I'll be teaching around 3 lessons a month, which i think is a ton but i really do learn more when I have to study the lesson out and figure out how to teach it. I also get to go to girls camp and youth conference both of which i loved too, youth conference mainly because i loved the boys in the ward and stake that i got to hang around :). I like being constructively busy most of the time and i think this will help me feel like I'm doing something constructive. Hopefully I'll feel this positive when i start working with the girls.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW such a great calling!!! I hope you have fun in that position, I am sure you will cause you get to go camping with all the girls!

Anita said...

You're going to do great! I was absolutely TERRIFIED when I got called into YW in Pleasant View. I hadn't been in YW for 7 1/2 years. I wasn't sure if any of you girls would like me. I didn't know how to teach YW since I had spent most of that 7 years in Primary and Nursery. I absolutely loved it, though. I miss it (since I'm back in primary). The girls will love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You will love that calling. I was the 2nd Counselor for a couple years in my ward and really enjoyed being with the girls.