Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sinter Klaus party

Last year my cute husband volunteered my dad to host and plan the next years sinter claus party for my dads side of the family. Sinter Klaus is the dutch version of Santa clause and my dads side of the family being dutch get together for a family party the first Saturday of December every year. Because my dad was in charge of it, Jared got to play the role of Sinter Klaus, my dad tried to tell me that i had to be black Pete (Sinter Klaus's helper who carries a sack to put bad children in, and then takes them to spain to work in the factories or something) i informed him that my brother coleton would be black Pete cuz i had to take care of Makayla and i didn't want to (been there done that). well the person who last packed the costume didn't include the beard or black shoe polish, me and my mom scrambled to find a beard and black makeup so they would look la git. for jareds beard we ended up using fake snow glued on with eyelash adhesive and i bought black eyeshadow to put all over my brothers face and neck. Needless to say we were laughing really hard in the men's restroom cuz the costumes were hilarious and all in all it was a good time. when it was makaylas turn to sit on Sinter Klaus's lap she was super upset and wanted nothing to do with it, so i guess we fooled someone.


Makayla opening her gift

"oh no i dont want to be here", look how pleased jared looks


too funny, so i know the black person thing shouldn't really be done but its a tradition and dutch people are really stubborn



fishing at the fish pond




4 comments:

Kevin and Cassie Cardon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin and Cassie Cardon said...

The picture of your brother and Jared is the best! They both look so happy to be there...

Bonnie said...

Looks like you guys know how to scare the crap out of your daughter!! Just dress Jared up as the pope :)
Those pics are pretty funny.

Jess and Kip said...

That's a really fun tradition! It looked super funny!