Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy September all

We have three pear trees in our yard and lately I've been trying new pear recipes so to not let them go to waste another year. I particularly like pears although I've never eaten a ripe "fresh" one until this year. I'm at the moment drying a tray and a half of them to see how they turn out. If any of you would like to come over and can some pears with me, I think it would be fun to have company. My mom says that pear jam is easy to bottle and I even have a recipe for pear butter. I made Spicy Pear cookies that turned out quite good, and i also made a Pear Crumble the other night with my brother and sister. Makayla is playing with a pumpkin that came off its stem too early but makes a good decoration its kinda funny she's rolled it off the table and is now rolling it on the ground. Anyway, Come over and do some good old fashioned canning, we'll see why our parents (my mom particularly) hate canning so much!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

wow, talk about pears out the you know what...
you are such a good little housewife!!! we have a garden full of zuchinni, squash, cucumber, tomatoes and jalapenos, want any??