Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ogden Valley Triathlon!










I competed yesterday in my first triathlon. My times were 32.07 for the swim, 2.40 for my transition from the swim to the bike, 49.13 for the bike, 1.46 for the transition from the bike to the run, and 39.17 for the run. making a grand total of 2hrs 5 minutes and 3 seconds. I was expecting to come in between an hr and 45 minutes and 2 hrs and 30 minutes and I did. It was really a fun thing. in My age group 20-24 i came in 13th, in my age group for the women only i came in 5th out of 11. My goal was to beat at least one girl in my age group and I beat 6! The milliseconds (a timing chip company) for some reason didn't get the girls time right for the swim. They had me doing the swim in 17 minutes, but I figured out a way to get the closest correct time and i think i've got it right with 32.07. Anyway, it was a cool experiance and i'll be doing more. I'm super sunburned and my body total hated me the whole day after the race. But i do feel better today. i'll post a couple pictures and if i get some cooler ones i'll post those too.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very proud of you! I could never do that.

Bonnie said...

wow, looks like you can kick my butt anyday. congrats on the whole tri, hope you had fun. oh, as a redhead you should know to bathe in sunscreen before you go out, c'mon. good job!!!

Babette and Dan said...

"OMG"...you go girl, my body hurts just looking at you doing all the work...great job I`m proud of you..your baby is growing up soooo fast, she`s a doll.