Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Congrats Jared

Today Jared was offered a new job! I'd be specific but I still can't, but I'm happy he did well at his interview. Fun thing is that we will no longer have to buy the always increasing bus pass for next month (which is going to be $175! in October). Which also means Jared will be closer to home, erasing his 4 hr daily commute and making it a 2 mile bike ride (we'll see how fast he can pedal there!). Hey this also means that we'll be staying in Ogden for longer, he was considering a job in Michigan which would have turned our world upside down. Insurance looks like it will be good and we have lots more options with this new company. The downer is that he wont be making as much and that's why we will have to be more frugal, although with time and Jared's effort he should be making the same amount he is now in a year. So congrats babe, you rarely read this but congrats anyway!
Also today me and my fam said good bye for two years to my brother Zach at the Provo MTC. It was kinda sad, but I'm excited for him and I know that this is where he is supposed to be at this time. How neat I have a Missionary in my family!

3 comments:

KiMbErLy~eRiN said...

I have been very frugal lately as well since prices go up but my pay check doesn't I have a few links on my page to a blog that all she writes about is how to be frugal and she has some links to other blogs, I also am coupon crazy and get stuff way cheap with tons of coupons. If you need any more help with tips or anything let me know!!
And congrats on Jared's new job!

Melissa said...

Hey! Its Melissa (Marsden) Turney! I just think thats awesome that you are staying in Ogden, moving out of state stinks when you have to leave your family :( I'm living in Vegas. Congrats on the new job and the missionary in the family! My brother leaves for the MTC in January for the Australia Adeliade Mission...

Bonnie said...

CONGRATS to Jared for the new job!!! i'm sure you are so happy that he will be home more often. it's ok to be frugal, pretty soon we will all be in a pickle...;)