Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm kinda like E.T.

I think that I've mentioned before that the hardest things (not people) I'll have to leave at this house is my flowers and trees. While I was watering the pansies I planted to make my yard more cheerful to buyers, I decided that I am like E.T. and want to take a plant with me to my new home. When we first moved here I ordered some plants off of freetreesandplants.com, the plants are free but you have to pay for shipping and handling. I choose 8 lilac bushes and 2 or 3 columbine plants. Today, (about 5 years later) I have tree lilac bushes that have never bloomed... I keep saying next year maybe... and one columbine plant. Tonight I took out the pansies from one of my red pots and replaced them with my columbine, it hasn't bloomed yet this year and if it survives the transplant then it will be coming along for the ride. Above is a picture of it last year, such a cheerful flower with a tarnished name.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I love columbines, but can never look at them or hear their name without remembering the tragedy at Columbine. I hope your lovely flower makes the move without any issues!