Monday, April 9, 2012

Let the hoop jumping begin!

I don't know why I blog sometimes, its just going to cut into my time, but its also kinda theriputic so thats probably why. Its an important day, we found out the banks counter offer for the home in Hooper and although its slightly off thier asking price they sure didn't try too hard to make a big adjustment. If I felt like the market was still slow I would be okay with going back and forth with more offers but I want the place too bad to do that so we plan on accepting their counter offer and moving forward with the house. So its really good news, we will have a final destination in this venture and I dont have to painfully look at other homes in less desireable locations. Todays agenda was to notify billers, and utilities of the move. I did all that I could and now Jared will need to do the rest of the billers that under his name (so stupid, don't they know that I was the one who set up the account originally in his name... and would you like to be paid? if so, let me tell you of our address change) sometimes being a wife really doesn't hold much water. Since we will be purchaseing the home under an FHA 203K we will have an extensive number of hoops to jump through and part of that is fixing pieces of the property so that they meet someone elses warm and fuzzy feelings of what a house should or shouldn't have. We have plans on all but gutting the place and making it nice, so I'm not trying to live in filth, but I hate paying someone else to do things that I can perfectly figure out how to do on my own. One thing I don't do is windows and this home has been blessed with some lovely single pane aluminum windows that we will be figuring into the 203k loan part, tomorrow I've got an appointment to get an estimate on windows (and doors) for the place. Were thinking that we will acid wash the cement floor in the basement and re-carpet the whole upstairs. The bathroom will get a new vanity, sink, floors and tub surround (probably tile). The whole house will be de-wallpapered, painted and the popcorn ceiling in both of the upstairs bedrooms will more than likely be removed. So simple right? This isn't including the backdeck that lacks stable stairs and is overall a nice eyesore. Tomorrow I'll have my mom come out with me and we'll create a healthy to-do list of anything I've missed. But hey if we can get through all of financings hoops the rest will be cake! Wish us luck! ps I'm so sorry I can not spell to save my life and I don't have time to doctor what i know is probably spelled wrong.

1 comment:

Jess and Kip said...

That is exciting for you! Hooper is a beautiful place and a great place to raise kids. If you need anyone to help with the bathroom stuff let me know because my dad does that and he is really good at it. Good luck!