Sunday, August 2, 2009

just something to do

Tonight is Jared's first night on the job, so its the first night that I have to adjust to him being gone. Being pregnant I don't mind hogging the whole bed anyway, and it'll be nice to have all of the pillows :). It'll be a big change for both of us, especially to have him home a lot of the day since he has had a schedule of going to school, working, and going back to school then coming home for a couple hours before going to bed and starting it all over again. He will have to change his school schedule but it'll be in one solid block instead of being broken up throughout the day. I've heard that it takes the body awhile to adjust to working graves, and I'm not sure if that means he will be a touch moody, tired all of the time or the combination of both. I want to be prepared and positive for him so he'll feel okay about the whole change.
It looks like he wont be getting any paid time off or benefits until he has worked at Smiths for a year, so when the baby comes it'll be interesting how much time he'll have to hang out. He wanted to take a week off but I'm pretty sure that wont be happening, but that's okay. As long as he is there at the hospital with me I'll be fine.
On Friday he let me know that the Pell Grant went through and we wont need to pay tuition anymore as long as he keeps up his progress and attendance, which he is doing perfectly at the moment.
Everything is going great with the pregnancy, the baby is constantly moving and hungry all of the time :). I'm always hungry at least. I go into the Dr again this wends and we'll see how he is measuring. It seems to be going by fast and slow all at the same time, I don't wish I was done yet mainly because I feel so unprepared and I really want this time with Makayla. I'm afraid its gonna be hard balancing the time between the both of them when he comes, in fact I'm almost certain that he will be taking up the majority of it all. She'll adjust, I did :). So yep that's pretty much my thoughts right now. I'm not scared to be by myself at night although our street has proved to be not all that safe. I'll have to let you know how I sleep.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

YAY for good news!! We wish him the best of luck, hopefully everything will go perfectly for your fam. Good luck with the sleeping situation!!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Jeremy works late nights at Dominos on the weekends and has since we got married. He even had to go in while I was still at the hospital with Brogan (after I had him, like the next day) I remember the first night home from the hospitol he had to work til 3am. It was a little hard to be home late at night alone with a newborn. Luckily family would stay and visit as late as they could, but I suggest having someone stay the night until the baby blues subside.