Monday, June 8, 2009

Cant say no

Lately I've been trying to come up with ideas on how we can survive without being complete welfare cases. I've been tossing around the idea of selling our home and moving to an even cheaper home, believe it or not there are homes that are cheaper than ours i was looking at them yesterday. I really like our home and its really nice to have my salon finished and functional. but if we were to sell our home for 125,000 then we would be making a profit of 40 grand and we could put some of that into fixing up a cheaper home and paying off our cars and student loan and then all together having a cheaper house payment. The big issue would then be selling our home and if it didn't sell then we would know that this is where we are ment to be at this time. If Jared could just get a better paying job then we could make it here and not have to rely on everyone else to help us out. I wish our car would sell, everyone who has been interested in it wants to make payments to us for it and that is just not gonna happen. Jared keeps getting sucked into dumb sales jobs that pay commission and in no way are going to make us any money, its really frustrating because he has to learn from his own mistakes instead of listening to me. His latest side job is selling living scriptures, he wont talk to me much about it, tonight he is going to his parents to show them the presentation, I don't want to go I'm pretty annoyed with it. Last night i got a call from someone in the ward wanting me to watch their three kids 4 days a week from 8-12:00 for $15 dollars a day, being a person who apparently cant say no i agreed to watch them Thursdays and Fridays. I'm pretty sure I'll develop a drinking problem, I've never ever ever wanted to be a daycare person and i know I've never put my name out there as a person who wants to watch other peoples kids. Well in 5 months i wont be doing it i guess. i hope that you guys are all doing better and are enjoying your summer.

4 comments:

KiMbErLy~eRiN said...

hey i hope things get better for you! if you got to this website
"http://www1.co.weber.ut.us/ramp/index.htm"

there are free activities every saturday in weber county, just click the activities calendar. me and erin are going to be doing this alot this summer. now that i am a single mom and need to be tight with my money!

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Wow that's not a lot of money. I paid my friend $50/ day for my 2 boys and she watched them for 8 hours. So I would think you should at least get $25 or $30 for a half day of 4 kids! I hate watching other peoples kids, so I feel your pain. I tried it for about 4 months and wanted to strangle myself!

Annie said...

Good luck! Let me know if you decide to sell your house. We used a real estate company that will do everything for $500, rather than the usual 3% of the sale. However, you still have to pay the other real estate agents 3% commission.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I hope everything gets better for you. Jobs can be hard to come by in these times. I agree with the Ingebretsen's, you would usually get paid better than that. I got $60 a day for one family and Heidi has paid me $20 in the past. Although when I was about 21 I worked for a family and took care of 4 kids full time and got paid even less than what you are getting so I guess it just varies depending upon what people are willing to pay. I think at some point almost every woman I know has had to take care of someone else's kids like this. Its tough, but at least its some extra income.