Tuesday, September 25, 2012

i've met my match

Three kids is hard... three kids that don't sleep during the day is way hard. My little guy is a difficult one to read, the other two were really quite happy babies. Beckam is more sad, and I'm not sure if its just that he is overtired from only taking cat naps or if I'm just not doing something right. One really great point about him is that he sleeps really well at night, he typically just gets up once around 4-6 and eats and then goes back to sleep. So I am one well rested momma, totally opposite of how i was with Konnor. thank heavens for binkys, he luckily will take one most of the time.
 this past Saturday we made a sandbox for the kids and it has been a hit with the kids. before we built it I made some dinosaur fossils out of cement on the ground for them to practice being paleontologists.
 Makayla is still enjoying school, she missed a couple days because we went to the cabin for a short vacation with my mom and two youngest brothers. Montana is so pretty in the fall, i really would love to live up there someday.
I am achieving my orchard dream, I bought two more trees for the backyard on Saturday, one cherry one peach. we planted two apple a couple of weeks ago. To be specific one cameo apple, one breaburn apple, white princess peach, and montmorency cherry tree. I'm so excited to be a small time farmer. My little dessert of a backyard is really coming along to something nice.
I really don't feel like I do much during the day, I feel like I'm one handed. That's why I say I've met my match. He is a beautiful speed bump, but it is taking me forever to do anything in this house. I'm glad I got what I got done before he arrived because even the little projects are just not possible at this point. Things change quickly with little ones so perhaps in a month I'll get my groove back.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I have a friend who once told me that their youngest was a sad/mad baby. He would never smile and he always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. After a few months she finally told him, rather sternly, something to the effect of "You are no longer living in heaven. You're here now. Get used to it and accept us as your family now and be happy." Oddly enough after that he became pleasant and now he's the happiest of the bunch always telling jokes and always has a smile on his face. Maybe your little guy just isn't happy about having to leave heaven. Maybe he needs a stern talking to. ;-)

Liv said...

I just, I don't even... I can't comprehend having more than one kid.

While watching The Kardashians (YES, FAITHFULLY EVERY WEEK) the mom of all of them (Kris) said something like, "Having one kid is like having one, and having two kids is like having twenty."

So, having three must be like having a million?