Sunday, March 18, 2012

What I really Want

To date we've had two showings of our home and another lady is interested in taking a look, I'm hoping that once things green up and warm up we'll get even more interest. With the chance that we may find someone interested sooner than later I've been thinking about what is really important for me to be happy with a home for a long time. I love that I can look up homes online and be specific about what I really want, it makes the job of finding a place easier. The big things I want in my next home are first over 2,000 square feet, preferably with at least 4 bedrooms. If that doesn't narrow the results my $150,000 cost limit and desire for at least .25 acre definately does. There are two homes that are really on my list and others I wouldn't object to visiting. What will really make me happy is if I can either have fruit trees already on the property or be able to add some trees to it when we move. I really have grown to love my pear tree's, my kids love the pears and I enjoy having more than enough to bottle and bake or cook with. The last thing I have on my list is being able to raise chickens, Jared isn't convinced yet that we will ever own chickens but I'm stubborn so thats to be determined. One of the homes I like is in N. Ogden and I know that an ordinance has been passed in N. Ogden allowing 6 chickens, the other home is in Clinton and I just read that chickens are also allowed in residential zones with the limit being 6 too. I went with my parents yesterday to pick up 13 baby chicks from IFA, they are adorable!! We chose 6 different breeds in total so it will be fun to see how they each grow up. In the past we've raise Road Island Red chickens and white Leghorns so in addition to those two breeds we have one plymouth rock and 3 other breeds that I can't remember :).

1 comment:

JeNnA said...

I hope you get what you want. Its important we love where we are living. We have 3 chickens that we have raised. Which means 3 eggs a day. We have eggs galore. They are Brynns babies! Can't wait for the post that says your house is sold and you are moving into the house you'll love!