Sunday, August 28, 2011

Limitless

My little girl turned four this past week and I really wanted to post pictures but I cannot find my camera at the moment or the other cameras usb cord, so pictures to come eventually.. I hope.. no promises.
This week school started and so don't be suprised if I fall off the face of the earth, it happens. I'm taking 14 credit hrs this LAST semester (last meaning I should get my associates, perhaps I'll take more classes, perhaps I'll take an extended break, I don't know yet) its a pretty full workload. Two classes are at Weber State, the other 3 are online. I'm taking dance and the TBE class at Weber, it'll be good if i can keep up with the homework. Today in church one of the speakers talked a small amount about someone who needed help with a hairy math problem and found that reading the scriptures helped her learn/study better; if she put the Lord first and made scripture study an intended part of her day she was able to get those things done for school that had been difficult without the scripture study. This is something I would like to incorporate into my day, I was good the first two days of the school week then it all fell apart. I have goals this semester to fit those things that are better for me physically and spiritually into each day, so I try to read from the Book of Mormon while eating my morning breakfast, then I try to either go out for a run or a walk. In today's paper they had a article on ways to improve your memory and one of the ways was to exercise, because it creates more connections in the brain where it can become weak (really interesting, not surprising though).
I watched the movie "Limitless" this past Friday and it really makes you want to extend your brain function and physical performance, but there isn't a small clear pill that you can take for that. I get these moments where I just feel so lazy, I look around and see what needs to be done but I have no desire to get up and do it all (I hate those moments). Other times I'm wired and can get so much done (occasionally triggered by anger), I should write down what I ate or did that day to create the bursts of energy and maybe I can also figure a way to be "Limitless". Until I figure out that special formula I've gotta be an extra good time manager (which means no more bachelor pad) and really make the most of each day. wish me luck!!

1 comment:

JeNnA said...

I am in that same boat, about energy. When I eat right and exercise I a feel better, and when I read my scriptures and pray, but mostly through anger i get my most energy ha :) Anyway... good luck with school!!!