Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Um my rant about ogden?,,, ya that sounds good.




So I added some pictures to spice up the text... Jared has started his new job, today was his second day and so far it is going great which is super. We will see him a grand total of 2 hrs or so on most days which isn't much different from the past but we will be seeing him around lunch time so that's a little different. We planned out the next couple years on a blank sheet of paper last night that pretty much confirmed that will wont be seeing much of him for a real long time. He wants to do the Pre-Engineering Associates degree at Weber then transfer down to the U for the last couple years of a bachelors in Civil Engineering. Its much cheaper this way because he can cover a lot of ground in the required courses at Weber then move on to the ones only the U offers (the U is much more costly). We were robbed for the second time a night or so ago, only they just took my new bike and the bike trailer that was attached to the back of the bike. Good news is that the trailer was recovered from a ladies backyard on 15th street, supposedly her neighbors are trouble makers and it wasn't a surprise to the cop that a bike trailer would be found next door. So if you live in the Ogden area, watch out for guys who kick in back doors (make sure your dead bolt works, and put super long screws in the hardware that the lock secures into) and dont leave anything unattended or unlocked cuz it'll disappear.
So I want to move but I don't have my house up for sale yet for a couple reasons, First I have several projects that I would like to complete before I take pictures of my home and second I start school next week and I have difficulty keeping a clean organized house when I'm also doing school. But all that doesn't keep me from looking at blueroof to see what houses are out there. Jared is working closer to home again, so that means that we would look closer, but not Ogden, as much as I love the idea of Ogden... close parks, newer entertainment,beautiful views of the mountain, close to the valley, hiking trails, homes with character. Also I've got a pool, schools, the kids Dr, grocery store, gas station, really great neighbors, and a place to get an ice cream cone within a half mile of me and I'm not on main street. But unfortunately crazy __ keeps happening on our freaking street, there is just no other way to explain it, I look out my front window and sometimes its like an episode of cops, or csi, or ghost hunters :) haha jk but really i'm no longer entertained by it. I didn't sign up for the my stuff is your stuff (that you'll never see again) thing, plus it'd be nice to live in a home with more than 2 bedrooms.

1 comment:

JeNnA said...

Yep, time to move. How ridiculous that you keep getting robbed. And your new bike.... sigh! If you move any closer to salt lake, we're that much closer and I can have a work-out buddy! :)