Thursday, March 11, 2010

the flower box

I've been wanting to make a window box from some of the wood pieces we have in our basement. And since Jared got sent home from work because he wasn't feeling well and everyone is afraid of the swine flu still, I had someone to watch the children while I crafted my own window box.

this is the beauty I started out with it once made a frame to a cabinet that was too big for our home, so i ripped it apart and kept the pieces.

my chalk line... very boring, they are 6 inches apart



the basic box




i hot glued some old wood trim to the top of the box


spray painted it cream

as you can clearly see i'm not the best architect but i get the job done
and some pics of my boy and girl


this was just too funny to not take a picture of, he is so chubby



he's almost as big as her!

3 comments:

Liv said...

Hey you busy bee! I can't even muster up the energy to do the dishes and here you are making flower boxes and sewing easter dresses!

You're pretty amazing Zjani!!

AMIT said...

Wow so cute pictures.

home based data entry

Nicole Vangen said...

Wow - you go girl! I was thinking what a lucky girl you were to have your husband build you a flower box then realized you did it! With two very small children in the house!!

Cute little ones too!
Nicole