Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Happy Birthday

This year was a pretty funny birthday but a good one. When Jared asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said that I wouldn't mind getting a gift card to somewhere i like or if you want to surprise me with something then that is great too. After a certain amount of time I generally expect someone to know me, either that or know a friend of mine who knows me and can offer a good suggestion, and this being my 5th birthday with Jared (our first date was on my birthday) I figured he could come up with something. So this year he went to Hastings and got me a book on 100 Knitting Patterns, and i love him but i also dont know how to knit, I can crochet and he thought it was all the same and really i wouldn't mind a book on 100 crochet patterns because my crocheting is pretty limited but i thought it was pretty funny. I decided instead of having him take back the book I'd go buy some knitting needles and learn how to knit :)
For the rest of my birthday we went to the very fancy Quiznos to have dinner and then took a stroll around the mall where I found a purse that i'm really excited about for 50% off and that was my other gift from Jared. So if everyone gets an ugly sweater for Christmas you'll know why, but if you don't you'll know that i gave up :)
As a belated birthday gift I didn't have to tend children today and that was quite wonderful although i'm not sure if they'll have me tend tomorrow or if they plan on calling me to let me know whats up.. which is weird and kinda annoying all at the same time.



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh yes! I am so looking forward to a nice sweater this year, I can't wait!! J/K
That purse is way cute, I bet it looks so cute on you! Again, sorry I was late on the birthday wish...I won't forget next year. Better get knitting!!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

That is so funny. Men are interesting when left to thier own devises with shopping.

Also I think it must be a Pond family tradition to say "Tend" instead of "babysit" :) Everyone in the family does, so it made me smile.

My grandmas said that too, but for some reason in my family it didn't continue down the line past that generation.

Liv said...

I love that purse! Yay for you :)

Staci said...

That purse it way cute!! Happy Late birthday by the way!!