Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My first day at the bountiful Salon

So I went down and visited the salon before i agreed to work there, when i got there it was closed so i had no idea how busy they are generally. So like i said 2 posts ago there was supposidly a daycare attached to the salon, ya no such thing, just a room in the back with a couple of toys in it, no daycare workers just a dora the explorer kitchen that has been crayola'd to death. The owners daughter sat me down and talked with me about my plans with the salon and i told her i would be helping this lady for about a month and she said okay, if you need to bring your little girl you can because i bring mine and she just plays in this room. So now i kinda feel okay about watching Makayla and working because then i am still raising my child. I was also told that they have been having to turn clients away because they dont have enough stylists, which translates to busy... well after working i found out that they actually have had the salon closed for 8 months and the owner was thrilled when i did just one haircut, JUST ONE, by the end of the day i did 4 and thats when the news was spilled to me that they actually haven't been open for 8 months. now if you do the math i made less then minimum wage today but that isn't the worst part of the day for me. about 11:30 the owner said i'm gonna take the kids over to my house and feed them some spagetti and let you guys work in case you get busy, I wanted to have a break down, number one i dont know you lady, number 2 i was told i could watch my child here, number 3 i have no desire to let my kid go with a stranger for 5 hours that doesn't speak her language, either one. So being the complete bad mom that i am, i let her take my baby all day and i wanted to sob. After telling the lady i work with to translate to the salon owner that if Makayla has any problems at all give me a call and i will pick her up, i find out at just about the end of the day that this lady is concerned about Makayla because she was sad, wanted her mom and wouldn't eat anything the whole time, but i didn't get a call!!! So it was the worst day ever. And when i go back tomorrow my baby will stay with me at the salon and if anyone has a problem they can just take a hike or we will.

4 comments:

Megan Passey said...

oh Zjani! that does sound awful! I'm so sorry that your first day didn't go so well. Don't worry about what the salon people might think do what is right for you and McKayla. hope it gets better from here!

Annie said...

Give me your e-mail address and I will send you all the details.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Oh that would bother me. Take your daughter, pack a lunch for her and some fun things to do. If anyone insists on her leaving tell them you will not work there!

Liv said...

Yikes. I hope things are going better at the salon!