Sunday, July 13, 2014

Date night

Last night my good sister came over and let me and Jared get out of the house and have an actual date. This occurrence has happened so little in the past 5 years that it is truly a treat to be out with Jared without at least one child. If I remember right it was back in February that we last went out without children.

When we went to Yellowstone we were able to get out on a day date with just my two youngest kids. Thalia slept the whole time and Beckam was just so pleased to have nobody to compete with that he was a perfect angel. We went window shopping and stopped at an old time diner to eat lunch. Older kids are easier in some regards but taking them out window shopping usually involves a ton of "I want that" and running off and not listening to parents = not easy to shop with. We bought Beckam a huge sucker from one of the candy shops and he was on cloud nine for the whole "date".

Last night we had a late start out, about 8 pm, so we went to Sonic for their half priced shakes after 8 and then drove to Willard and took a walk. Willard has a couple older homes on highway 89, but if you drive just a block or so west into town there are a ton of really cool looking older homes that have remarkably been very well preserved. I love old homes, I wish I could walk through them. On my runs I keep busy by checking out peoples homes and gardens as I pass. I wish I could run through their backyards and see what they are growing and how.

Halfway through the walk I got a text letting me know that Thalia was fussy and needed me home. We finished our walk and drove back home to find her finally asleep.


No comments: