Thursday, November 14, 2013

Artificial Colors


photo credit: http://slowrobot.com/i/43686


For the past month or so I have been reading more on the affects of artificial coloring in our foods. My boys already have some substantial allergies and I don't wish to add to their list or aggravate any more food sensitivities. Its a hard task especially since Halloween was not too long ago and the kids candy stockpiles are still around. Artificial colors are used in so many foods because they make the food look good, so it seems that they would be a very difficult thing to avoid. What I have chosen to avoid purchasing at the grocery store are cereals with obviously un-natural coloring, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (I've been buying Annie's Mac & Cheese because they don't use artificial colors or dyes)and any juice drinks that aren't strictly 100% fruit juice. Its a start and I know that there are still dyes and coloring in some of my other foods, but these are some big things that my kids like and consume more often then not. Do you have foods that you avoid as a mom?

No comments: