Sunday, December 18, 2011

Final tally

I checked my grades for this last semester and I got 2 A's, an A-,B+, and B, and it feels good :).

 Jared thought that he would help me catch up on the laundry yesterday, and now I have several loads of clean clothes waiting to be put away on my couch. If I could hire out any service in my home it would be laundry. I am so blessed that we have so much to wear, but man I hate trying to keep up on it.

My Christmas wrapping is all done, and I actually have my shopping for my in-laws and parents done, but I still don't know what to get Jared. He wants the starwars blueray set but my budget is about $50 short of that, he needs clothes and shoes but I don't know if I want to go shopping with the kids to pick those items up, and really where I could go to get the most of what little money I've got. Maybe tomorrow that will be put on the agenda. Its probably so boring for him to get clothes for Christmas, I'm just not feeling very creative with the gifts though. What I would really like for Christmas is a home depot gift card so I can rip off the ugly white tile that is my kitchens backsplash and replace it with something fancy and nice. I really want to get this home ready to sell, a friend from the ward came over yesterday to give us a bid on the fence and siding hopefully we can get enough to cover the cost of repairing everything ourselves. I still cant believe that the wind cracked my 4x4 pressure treated posts, but I guess it also cracked large evergreens so I shouldn't feel so surprised. The cheapest price for composite fencing I've seen is 3.37 per fence piece at Lowe's, it looks like its good quality, the normal price is 4.90 or something. I tried to dig out some carrots from my garden for stew the other day, and I couldn't even get past a 1/2 inch in the ground which means we wont be able to fix the fence till spring or when the ground thaws. I'm gonna need to have a professional fix the siding because the pieces took flight during the wind storm. I feel like I'm racing the clock but I haven't been given the green flag to go yet.
 Looking around in my ward today made me realize that its gonna be really hard to leave so many friends, Its just so comfortable there, everyone is in about our same financial situation and they are all so easy to talk to and get along with. Who knows we may be stuck in our home for much longer than planned, especially in this economy, but we won't know until we try!

2 comments:

JeNnA said...

Go to ross! And have you checked amazon for blu-ray starwars?

Jess and Kip said...

You are super amazing and creative even when you think you aren't in the mood to be. You'll think of something awesome I'm sure!