Sunday, July 24, 2011

A camping we did go










a lake we picnicked by were calling it Mirror Lake (its not)

Provo river falls, its really cool it looks like steps were cut out for the falls.

The boys by the falls

Makayla excited about the falls. Earlier she had told me that "dinosaurs live by water falls" just some food for thought...

on our attempted hike to castle lake this was just getting out of the car maybe 10 feet away, Makayla still has her backpack on which she insisted putting a rock in and the flowers she picked. A short time later both Jared and I got to wear the backpack. I think we made it two miles, it took at least an hour if not more to get 2 miles and it was hot. The lake was 4 miles away (good thing we gave up), Jared is still sore from it. oh and we took Pearl too, so it was like a traveling circus.

ready for marsh mellows

Yellow Pine Creek a short walk from our campground

Konnor in his harness

not sure about the face, i'm eating smores.

We went camping (obviously) over the 24th of July weekend at yellow pine which was plan b if there really was a real plan b. Plan A was to go to sunset campground up farmington canyon, but farmington canyon is still closed. So we headed toward the Uintas since in my camping book there were lots and lots of camp spots close together there and we would have a fighting chance of getting one. We arrived at yellow pine campground and fell in love with it because it is how I figure camping should look with mountains and tall shady pine trees. The campground had a vault toilet, picnic table and fire pit, no running water or drinking water. Drinking water was about 5 miles away at soapstone basin. Our whole bodies were filthy and our hands were all just gross in a matter of minutes and stayed that way for 3 days. I tried my hand at dutch oven cooking and... I need more practice. My chocolate cake turned out good, and after HOURS my dutch oven potatoes were good too but it was too little too late, my biscuits were okay... I'll get better if we ever muster up the courage to go camping again. Its tuff with two young kids. Jared and I did get some time alone at night looking at the stars and talking which was nice. Maybe in a couple days the kids will chalk it up as a good family memory, but even they need time. If you enjoy watching other peoples sub-par family videos please by all means watch ours and you can get a taste of camping with small children!!








1 comment:

JeNnA said...

I had to come right here when you told me your blog. Your family is ADORABLE!!!! I love all the camping pictures! Especially Mckayla wither her back pack! Your kids are growing up thats for sure. You also look fantastic!