Monday, November 9, 2009

An Update

Last Friday at my Dr's appointment I found out that the baby is around 6 pounds 11 oz, which is what Makayla was when she was born, and that i'm dilated to a one+ which is more than i was with Makayla the first time I was checked with her, so he's obviously a bigger baby and my body seems like its progressing faster with this guy. Both good things i think... I have a date set to be induced on the 20th at 7:30 at Ogden Regional, at first I was hesitant cuz it seems so close but now I'm completely comfortable with the idea of being done then. When i was pregnant with Makayla my contractions felt like hunger pangs, so pretty mild and now that i know what my contractions feel like I definitely feel them more with this baby. But i also think they have been more intense with this baby too. I'm pretty sure my ribs are bruised they hurt so freak'n bad most of the time and just about all of my shirts are belly shirts on me which gets frustrating when I need to find something cute to wear. Today I'm in total grandma elastic band pants they are hideous :)
I had an awesome shower on Saturday, (thanks to Livia for setting it all up) and after going thru all of the clothes and stuff i have for him I'm pretty sure we are set and have enough of everything which is a good feeling (thanks everyone whose been so generous in helping us out!). I washed the infant car seat last night and i have it all clean and set up for the hospital if I had the camera around i would post the whole set up. Carrie made me a super cute car seat cover that i'm using with a baby wrap blanket that goes inside the car seat so you dont have to tuck blankets in everywhere. I plan on getting my overnight bag packed and ready for the hospital today. They told me to eat a light breakfast before going in but I know they plan on starving me all day so I may disregard that and eat my fill.
As for New Moon, I may join all the teeny boppers at the midnight showing at one of the plain ol' theaters that you don't reserve your seats at. Its the night before i give birth, so it might be a bad idea but i cant imagine I'll be getting much sleep that night anyway. But I may wait and see a matinee a couple of weeks later when the crowds have died down and i need to escape from the house.
When i get the camera around I'll post some pictures of the flyleaf concert and tell you how that all went.

5 comments:

Liv said...

I'm glad you were able to take the pictures off of my blog. When I tried sending them to your hotmail account, they still got sent back to me. Who knows what I was doing wrong?

I'm glad you have a set date and that you're feeling prepared! yippy!

Bonnie said...

If you don't go to the midnight showing lets get together after the baby is born. You've pretty much twisted my arm, so I guess I will go with you!! Just let me know!! Call me and let me know when you deliver, I will totally ditch work to come see ya!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I hope they don't starve you at the hospitol. I've never understood that concept. I know they have thier reasons, but common sense just says that if you are doing something that requires more energy than almost anything else in life, you might want some nourishment along with it! Many hostpitols are doing away with that practice. Some day it will be a thing of the past like strapping the mother down to the table (ask grandma Pond about that :) When my water broke they sent me to the hospitol to be induced and at first they said I couldn't eat anything, so I told them I didn't have time to eat breakfast and hadn't eaten since the night before. So they let me order a lunch. Then they realized it was going to be a long while and I ended up getting to order myself a steak dinner from the cafeteria that night. I didn't get to eat the next day though and by the time I had him (28 hours after I was admitted) The kitchen was closed so they gave me a sandwhich that didn't look good to me so my sis went out and got me some food. I was sooo hungry, but at least they let me eat twice.

It sounds like you are already progressing well! Thats exciting and a really good sign. Brogan was 8 pounds 9 ounces and I was not progressing at all when my water broke. Thank heaven to modern medicine! Good luck next week!

Kyle, Cassie and Kids said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's so close! Jess and I couldn't make it to your shower because it was Noah's birthday but we would love to come see you and bring you your present! Let us know when is good for you...

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Thanks zjani! It was wonderful. I threw up on pitocin as well. Not until right before delivery when the adrenalin (spelling?) kicked in. I hope this one is a quicker delivery for you!