Sunday, August 3, 2014

Road Trip Entertainment

This is going to be our families first true to the name "roadtrip" we will be in the car FOOORRREEEEVER! I've been trying to prep like crazy because I don't know how the kids are going to take being in the car for so long. I want to share with you what I have put together and maybe it could give you ideas yourself or maybe you have better ideas than mine and can put them in the comments below!
 This first picture is just my snack box that will be riding between me and Jared up front. I've packaged all of the kids treats individually in snack bags that I will hand out when wanted. (Hopefully that will work better then giving them the whole box). If your curious this is what I packed to snack on-
  • Ritz type crackers
  • Animal Crackers
  • Nilla Wafers
  • a small box of Whoppers (for me, nobody else needs to know about those ;)
  • Better Chedders
  • Jerky
  • chewy jolly ranchers
(non-food items- Arby's coupons and Mad Gab)
Not pictured-
  • grapes
  • cheese sticks
  • apple slices
 its like Christmas morning in this box :) I set everything out so you can get an idea of what its carrying.
  • Binder with blank paper, paper-protected mazes, lined paper, and dry-erase markers
  • etch-a-sketch
  • mini magna doodle
  • crayons in a plastic carrying bag
  • a stack of Jared's old comic books
  • 3 small I-spy books
  • Window markers
  • Gameboys- and several games
  • 2 mystery imaginx toys to be opened on the way
  • a giant DK Starwars Complete Vehicles
  • a colored pencil roll that I made
  • New Frozen coloring book
  • National Geographic kids Ultimate U.S. Road trip atlas
  • CAT mini machines (beach toys for when we're there)
  • Book on CD from the library
  • American Girl catalogue that Makayla hasn't seen yet
  • Usborne 1001 things to spot in the sea
  • Usborne My first encyclopedia of seas and oceans
  • dollar store headphones for three kids
  • color wonder marker travel pack
  • and brown bear, brown bear (Beckam's favorite book)
I do plan on bringing my kindle and a dvd player too so hopefully the kids will have plenty to occupy their time, if not there's always Benadryl :)

I will try to do an "After the Road-trip" post and tell you what worked for us.

1 comment:

tike mik said...

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite for the comedy adventure Paul as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America's UFO heartland.

storm movies