Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Handmade Monster High Invites

My little girl has only had one friends birthday party her whole life, and that was when she turned one. Last year for her 5th birthday I would have liked to given her a party but we were new to our area and not only did we not really know anyone, it just wasn't gonna happen with a 3 week old baby. In a couple weeks she will be turning six and I am going to attempt my first real birthday party with 5,6, and 7 yr. olds. She has been to a billion birthday parties throughout this year, and has loved every single one, so hopefully I can manage a party that is not too lame! She is currently infatuated with Monster High everything, so guess what kind of party I get to plan? Its going to basically be a Halloween party in August, thank heavens for pinterest I've collected some good ideas of what to do. We spent about 4 hours Sunday creating her invitations, I wish they were more magical then they are but hey she is happy with them.
 I traced a large picture online of the monster high skull and used it as my pattern for the rest of the pieces. I did try looking for a cricut pattern first but there wasn't one exactly like the monster high logo, so we did it the free way.
 I used black construction paper and white printing paper, it was Sunday and I didn't care to wait to pick up nicer paper.
 Then we used my daughters glitter glue to make the bow for its head, we ran out of pink pretty quick so we used the other colors as you can see above. After the glue dried I traced the bow with a black marker, but I didn't do it to all of them, still debating if I will.
Then I wrote the parties details with a white crayon the back of the invite. TA DA! we have monster high invites :)

No comments: